Sunday, June 15, 2008

Auntie Grace's Peanut Butter Cookies

This is my 1st time adding a recipe....hope you all like it....I know everyone has a "fave" PB cookie recipe - this one's mine! :)
3/4 C Shortening
3/4 C Butter
1 C Brown Sugar (packed)
1 C White Sugar
3/4 C Peanut Butter (creamy)
3 Eggs (beaten)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 C Coconut
2 tsp Vanilla
3 C Flour

1 C White Sugar (put into a bowl to roll dough around in)
Variation: (My mom would smash up rice krispies and add into sugar bowl - to make cookies extra crunchy...)

Mix together then put on floured board and knead in more flour (about 1/2 C) so it isn't sticky. Make into balls the size of a walnut (small ice cream scoop works best) and then roll dough ball around into sugar. Put onto baking sheet and press flat with fork tines.

Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I don't think I've ever seen a PB Cookie recipe with coconut in it. I am for sure trying this!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

First of all these cookies look delish! Second of all...Jamey...you out there? I went to comment back to you on one of your sites because you commented on mine and it was so nice and sweet...but both of your site's are PRIVATE except for this one...so I just wanted to say that I would LOVE to take your pics and give you a price...just let me know! Thanks