Monday, November 24, 2008

Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Sauce



My friend, Kendra, knows I love bread pudding. She saw this recipe and passed it on to me. I tried it last week and it was amazing. I didn't have ginger, clove, or pumpkin spice on hand. So, I just left them out and it was still amazing. I did substitute cinnamon in the maple cream sauce.

Ingredients

5-6 cups white bread, cut into cubes
1 cup pumpkin spice egg nog (cream or regular egg nog may be substitued)
1 cup milk
4 eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
3 Tbs butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
dash of clove
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, pour milk and eggnog over cubed bread and stir to coat.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with brown and white sugar. Add pumpkin, butter, vanilla and spices. Add to the bread mixture. Stir well. Pour into an 11"x 7" baking dish. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar mixture and make for 45-60 minutes, until set.

Serve with Maple Cream Sauce and whipped cream.

MAPLE CREAM SAUCE

Ingredients:

3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cream
1 1/2 Tbs butter
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice

2 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

That looks amazing! Thank you for posting it.

Crystal said...

I love bread pudding too! This sounds delish.