Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ultimate Beef Stroganoff


This meal is in my top 10, maybe even my top 5! It is incredibly good and I crave it. So we just had it for dinner.

My kitchen has been over worked since discovering a fantastic food blog, My Kitchen Cafe.
In fact, stop reading this and put it on your google readers right now, you will thank me.
Melanie knows what she is doing! Ive loved every recipe Ive tried!

Okay, Stroganoff talk....Make it, it wont disappoint.


The Ultimate Beef Stroganoff

Put in crock pot:
2-3 pounds stew meat
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1 onion, sliced

Mix in a bowl and pour over meat:
¼ tsp. garlic salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ cups beef broth or stock (made up from cubes or granules)
1 tablespoon ketchup


Cook in crock pot on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. When cooked make a simple roux by whisking 1/3 cup flour with enough apple juice (about 5-6 tablespoons) to make a thick but still pourable flour mixture. Whisk the roux into the crock pot and add 4 ounces sliced mushrooms.
Cook on high for 15-30 minutes. Then stir in ½ cup sour cream. Serve over pasta, rice or baked potatoes (pasta is my favorite option!).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Jaesi - you always make my day!! Thanks for the shout out to my blog but most importantly I'm glad you like this meal. It is definitely in my top 10, too!

Shawnee said...

This would be yummy for your supper swap group!