Thursday, October 2, 2008

Orange Rolls

I posted this recipe on my blog last year, and then I made Orange Rolls again this year. A bunch of you requested that I post this recipe on here, so here it is! Better late than never, right? The rolls are a little time consuming (letting the dough rise), but a lot easier to make than I thought. I'm not sure how easy this recipe is to read if you've never made them, so I'm putting a few pictures of the process.

Orange Rolls

1 Tbsp Yeast
1 Cup Warm Milk
1/4 Cup Warm Water
3/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Eggs Beaten
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
4 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar

Combine 1 Tbsp yeast, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Mix; set aside for 10 minutes. In large mixing bowl, combine warm milk, melted butter, sugar, salt, and beaten eggs. Add yeast mixture; stir. Add flour, 1 cup at a time (if dough is too sticky, add a little more flour). Knead for 5 minutes. Let raise for 2 1/2 hours. Divide in half. Roll like cinnamon rolls using filling recipe. Place each roll in greased cupcake tin. Let rise until double in bulk. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Makes 24 rolls.

For Filling:

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
1 Orange Peel, grated fine

Note: I do not put any kind of topping or glaze on them after they are finished. They are sweet enough (in my opinion) with out one :)

The dough rolled out with the filling sauce spread on it.

The rolls all rolled up (roll them just like you would roll cinnamon rolls), and half way done cutting (tip: use a string to cut them, it's the easiest way!). Each roll (there will be 2 total) will yeild a total of 12 rolls, making 24 total.

These are the cut up rolls put in the pans to rise. Notice half of my rolls aren't in muffin tins... apparently I only own enough muffin tins to hold 12 rolls. More muffin tins are on my shopping list :) However, the rolls in the circle pan turn out just as good as the ones in the muffin tins.

The finished product... delicious. Pictures don't do them justice.

No comments: