Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Little Sweet...A Little Sour

I put this on my blog awhile back, but I thought I would share it here for all of you!

Sweet and Sour Chicken

◘ 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
◘ Flour
◘ Salt & Pepper
◘ Oil for frying (3-4 Tbs.)
◘ 1 red pepper, chopped
◘ 1 green pepper, chopped
◘ 1 lg. can pineapple tidbits, with juice (or chunks)
◘ ½ c. brown sugar
◘ ½ c. rice wine vinegar
◘ 1 c. chicken stock
◘ 2-3 Tbs. cornstarch, mixed with water

Salt and pepper chicken. Dust it with flour on all sides. Brown chicken in hot oil (med. To med-hi heat), about 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pineapple (with juice), sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. simmer until sauce begins to reduce. stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to a simmer. stir in chicken and cook for 5 minutes. taste. don't be afraid to add more sugar or vinegar to taste, salt and pepper too. Serve over rice.

My friend gave me this recipe. It is super tasty! Enjoy!
(If you don't care if it looks fancy, and you want to save a little money, then just use 2 green peppers instead of paying the extra money for a red pepper).

1 comment:

Becky said...

Just tried this tonight! It's really good, everyone loved it. Even I couldn't go wrong, however, the part where the sauce needed to reduce took more time than I thought so the rest of my food was ready too early. Thanks!