Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not a Recipe, Just a Review...

I will post really quick about how the Cafe Rio Recipes actually turned out.

The pork I thought was really great. I am not the best judge because I never get the pork at the actual Cafe Rio, but everyone was loving it.

The dressing is really good and I think tastes just like the actual stuff and it was actually very easy to make.

The rice, now that is a different story, first of all we use more of a sticky Asian style white rice and I forgot to get a different kind at the store, so it all looked a little like mush and I don't think it tasted exactly like the Cafe Rio rice but it was still good, I will probably make it again sometime and try using a different rice.

We had the tortillas you buy at costco and cook yourself, I think that really added to it. We served our cafe rio with black and pinot beans, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, olives, shredded romaine lettuce, cheese, chips and salsa. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and now I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of the spread because I think recipes are always better with pictures.

These recipes are definitely worth trying.

1 comment:

Emma said...

thanks for the review, we'll be trying this for sure!!