Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Taco Casserole Ole (I came up with this name all by myself)

1 lb. Hamburger
1 cup salsa
1 can corn
1 can el pato (green can)
1 can refried beans
1 can sliced olives
sour cream
cheese
tortilla chips

Brown hamburger. When it is almost done add salsa, corn, olives, and half the can of el pato (this makes it kind of spicy so you might want to leave the el pato out of the recipe). At the same time in a separate pan heat up the can of refried beans and add the other half of the el pato.

Usually I make this dish in a 2 quart pan and layer tortilla chips, hamburger, beans, sour cream, and cheese and repeat it twice. Last night I made it in a 9x13 pan and only did each layer once and I thought it turned out fine that way too.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot. Serve with lettuce, sour cream, olives, avacado, tomato, etc.

Hope you likey.

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Good name Lindzer! haha :) I will for sure try this one soon! Sounds delish!