Sunday, March 30, 2008

Banana Split Brownie Pizza


This a Paula Deen recipe, and seriously one of the best desserts that I have ever had. I just had to share it.

1 (20-ounce) box brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
2 Tbl sugar
2 bananas, sliced and tossed in lemon juice to prevent browning
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup chopped nuts
Chocolate ice cream topping or chocolate syrup, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease a 15-inch pizza pan (I actually used a 12-inch disposable pizza pan, and it worked great). Prepare the brownie mix according to box directions. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove from oven and cool. Beat cream cheese, pineapple, and sugar together in a bowl. Use any reserved pineapple juice at this time, if needed, to soften the mixture to a good spreading consistency. Otherwise dispose or save juice for another time. Spread the mixture over the cooled brownie crust. Arrange the banana and strawberry sliced over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with the chocolate syrup. Refrigerate. To serve, slice as you would a pizza, and enjoy!

2 comments:

Melenie said...

that looks really good! I wouldnt think to do fruit on a brownie crust, I'll have to try it.

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

I tried this and it was delicous! I made it with my 7 year old and her freinds and they had the best time helping. I will definatley make this again. Thanks!