Thursday, March 20, 2008

Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting

Alright since I'm the new one on board I've decided to try and win you gals over by posting a dessert first (well the best part of dessert that is)! I found this on allrecipes.com and we definitely gave it 5 stars!INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.

This makes a ton. We frosted 24 cupcakes with it and still had a lot leftover. One suggestion (that I saw on allrecipes) is to freeze the bowl and beaters that you whip the whipping cream in/with before hand. I don't know why...but I didn't have any problems and that is how I did it. Enjoy!

No comments: