Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tator Tot Casserole #2

After seeing Pam's version of Tator Tot casserole, I thought I would post mine.  I grew up on this and now cook it at least monthly.  My kids love it, which is a bonus.  It's delic!

1 lb Ground Beef
Onions
1 Can Green Beans
1 Can Cream of Mushroom soup
Cheese
Tator Tots
So you brown the ground beef with the onions.  In a 9x9 pan (maybe thats the size, its the square one), you layer first the ground beef and onions, next you put the green beans (I drain most of the liquid, leave a little bit to help steam the TTs), then you spread the Cream of Mushroom Soup over the beans, next you layer grated cheese, and lastly you add a single layer of Tator Tots.
Cook it on 350 for 30 minutes with foil covering it.  After 30 minutes I bump up the temp. to about 400 and take the foil off.  Then you just kinda watch it till the tator tots are cooked to your liking.  It really is so yummy and so easy!  

1 comment:

Melenie said...

My mom made this when I was growing up, thanks for the recipe!